Friday, September 9, 2011

I am....

Elizabeth 21years old studying at SJCC. After I graduated high school I was kind of hesitant about going on to college, I had no idea what I wanted to study... so that is why I decided to go onto a community college, and until today I still keep changing my major, it's just too hard for me to decide. The one thing I do know is that getting an education is very important not only to me but to my family as well. I was born and raised in San Jose, been living at the same house my whole life which is kind of rare to hear from a family now a days so i'm kind of proud of that. My parents were both born and raised in Mexico they been living in the United States for over 20 years now. I come from a big family, 2 brothers and 2 sisters, and me being the oldest, so the pressure about being the role model is always there. I don't mind mind it though, it just motivates even more to do well in school. I'm very family oriented so making them proud is one of my biggest goals in life. I attended Lincoln High School and there I was part of a folklorico dance team, a Mexican traditional dance. We were called Xochitl and I absolutely loved it. Now that I've graduated I really miss it, so on my free time I try my best to go back once in a while and just dance along with the new members. We dance old stuff and learn new things as well. I also enjoy going to the gym and going out spending time with my friends and family. Career goals wise I'm not to sure, but I do know that I want to transfer into a 4year University and hopefully that is soon.  I love to write and read especially when it's books that I feel related to or stuff that can actually happen to us in the real life. This semester I hope to improve not only my writing but my reading too. I'm sure I'll enjoy this class.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your life Elizabeth. It is refreshing to see that there are still families out there that are able to remain constant and provide which seems undying devotion to family and beliefs. I hope your career goals are met, whatever they may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ballet Folklorico Xochitl is AMAZING!! I have been attending the annual Mariachi Concert that is held at Lincoln High because my nephew's mariachi class from Gardner Academy perform in the concert. In between different mariachi groups, Xochitl performs and they are great. They are all very talented dancers!! In regards to being undecided on what career path to follow try not to stress too much over it. There is always a point in everybody's life that we don't know where to go or what to do. Regardless if you are 21 or 41. The important thing is that you are determined to obtain an education. Stay in school and try some of the many different options available. There will surely be something that you will like and will enjoy pursuing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,

    Thank you for sharing your story with us. You must have a lot of pressure to succeed since you are the oldest and like you said you are the role model to your younger siblings. Dont worry to much about picking a career, I know most people older than you are still wondering what they want to do, so in my eyes its normal to be confused.

    Sheila S

    ReplyDelete